A/B testing is fun. With so many easy-to-use tools around, anyone can (and should) do it. However, there’s actually more to it than just setting up a test. Tons of companies are wasting their time and money by making these 11 mistakes.
Here are the top mistakes the author sees again and again. Are you guilty of making these mistakes?
- A/B tests are called early
- Tests are not run for full weeks
- A/B split testing is done even when they don't even have traffic (or conversions)
- Tests are not based on a hypothesis
- Test data is not sent to Google Analytics
- Precious time and traffic are wasted on stupid tests
- They give up after the first test fails
- They don't understand false positives
- They are running multiple tests at the same time with overlapping traffic
- They're ignoring small gains
- They're not running tests at all times
Read the article to get full context on what each of these mistakes means.Log in to edit